Business Unit: Mobility
Requisition Number: 241627
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens ITS (Intelligent Traffic Systems) has a transformative approach to urban transportation that combines existing infrastructure with forward-looking, application-driven technology that meets tomorrow’s needs today. We help make cities smarter by providing a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is digital, connected, and integrated and delivers solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control, Advanced Traffic Management, and Smart Lighting. We are also working on projects related to Connected Vehicle solutions (V2I) and Mobility-as-a-Service – both integral aspects of our increasing focus on Smart Cities Mobility solutions.
Siemens ITS is recruiting for a Senior ATMS Systems Engineer to be part of a growing Engineering team to execute solution projects that will shape the future of transportation in the United States. In this exciting role, you will be focusing on Advanced Traffic Management Systems (ATMS) and Smart Cities solutions.
You will be part of an Engineering team to implement projects and meet customer satisfaction and business goals. You will be applying professional engineering standard methodologies in the ITS industry, so leadership and interpersonal skills, as well as a strong background in traffic and transportation engineering is required to succeed. The position will collaborate with the VP of Bids, Programs and Engineering and will be located in Austin, Texas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software, Electrical or Traffic Engineering. M.S. degree preferred
- 10 years of experience in deploying ATMS systems at Traffic Management Centers
- Basic understanding of traffic signal control systems, advanced traffic management, adaptive, and CV technology
- P.E. license preferred
- 50% travel within the U.S
- Extraordinary technical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Technical lead for ATMS and Central software deployment and integration tasks
- Generate project specific technical system design, system architecture, scope definition, and concept of operations to meet/exceed customer requirements together with R&D, Product Management, and other Engineering teams
- Provide ITS and Traffic Engineering consulting services to deliver projects based on customer requirements
- Active deployment of ITS solutions including controller and central software, adaptive control solutions and connected vehicle (V2I) applications
- Troubleshooting of ITS devices such as traffic signal controllers, detection devices including loops, microware, radar and video
- Configure Road-Side and On-Board units for CV deployment projects
- Ensure proper filing/storage of engineering documentation- i.e. drawings, version history, scope documents
- Understanding and work with regulating authorities, code requirements, and other industry-specific factors
- You will work with different internal departments (Sales, Project Management, R&D, Product Management, Procurement, Legal and Field Operations)
In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
-A competitive base salary
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
-Extensive training along with career development
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.