Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 241675
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Winter Park
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for a Systems Specialist II to support our Building Automation business in and around Central Florida. The Systems Specialist II coordinates, manages, implements and/or performs technical product support for equipment that has been newly installed.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
• Works with engineering group to create and/or verify point database; creates/reviews job specific programming via computer for various systems (controls, electronic security systems (ESS), fire systems, mass notification); creates /reviews and uploads point database, creates graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
• Verifies point database and programming operations are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence; backs up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; troubleshoots and resolves inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed; drives issues to resolution.
• Sets up and configures PC workstations, user interfaces; data servers, IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, mass storage devices and hubs. Confirm proper network performance.
• Schedules with trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed; coordinates network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel; works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems.
• Runs reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE Commissioning Agents or test and balance contractors, others); participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations.
• Completes and submits written reports; provides Plans and Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
• 5-8 years experience as a Building Automation Controls Technician or Specialist is required, although candidates with less directly related experience will also be considered.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required; Associate’s Degree in Electronics or other technical field preferred.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
Extensive product training and professional career development.