Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 241676
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Field Service Technician coordinates, manages implements, and/or performs service for new equipment installation, equipment, or repairs for Commercial Fire & Life Safety Systems.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Provides technical service to customer Fire Safety systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
- Coordinates with contractors in the process of installation of systems sold by a branch office. Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
- Responds to and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems. Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
- Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner. Makes recommendations regarding both systems maintenance and installations.
- Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, or requiring further action or material.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency.
- Required experience: Demonstrable aptitude required to successfully learn, install, and maintain fire & life safety systems.
- Required travel: 10%
- Other requirements:
- NICET (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology) Certification Requirements to retain position: Level II Fire Alarm Certification within 24 months of hire; State or local fire alarm planner or contractor license as required by state regulations within 24 months of hire.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States, and will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.