Business Unit: Process Solutions
Requisition Number: 241717
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Siemens is in search of a Systems Engineering candidate with coursework and hands-on experience in electric machinery, power electronics, and closed loop control design to begin a career creating integrated industrial solutions with power electronics, electric machinery, and power system technologies for industry.
The engineer who takes this position will create, implement, and commission solutions using Siemens drives, motors, and industry technology portfolio to satisfy industrial customer requirements. Our integrated solutions combine PLC control with industrial drive systems to provide higher level control and coordination. The engineer will be supported with mentoring by our local team of experts and numerous hands-on opportunities to learn our business as they are given progressively increasing responsibility on projects.
A successful engineer will have a strong educational background with a major focus in power and energy systems and extensive hands-on experience through labs, research, or club work. A passion for the field and drive to learn and tackle new challenges is an absolute must. The entry level engineer must be comfortable working as part of teams or under close supervision as they learn the systems and products.
• Execute customized drivetrain solutions under supervision using local and global design standards, industry standards and engineering best practices.
• Learn the latest industrial solutions and new product developments within Siemens to develop top-notch skills and knowledge
• Learn to provide engineering support for Sales, Project Management, Manufacturing, Field Service and Quality Assurance groups from sales through execution, commissioning, and service
• Interface directly to project customers to answer questions, resolve comments, and present Siemens solutions
• Prepare project-specific documentation (system and functional descriptions, test and commissioning procedures, etc.)
• Collaborate with CAD specialists and design engineers to prepare project-specific drawing packages
• Technically review internal and external subcontractor products and solutions to ensure industry and customer requirements are satisfied
• Based out of our Alpharetta, Georgia office with required domestic and international travel to other Siemens and customer facilities
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
• Education: BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Must have extensive course work in the following areas:
- Power Electronics (e.g. Fundamentals of Power Electronics, Power Circuits, Power Electronics Laboratory, Power Electronics Control Theory)
- Electric Machinery (e.g. Theory of Electric Machines/Induction Machines/Synchronous Machines, Electric Machinery Lab, Magnetic Circuit Theory, Theory of Electromechanics/Electromechanical systems)
- Control Systems (e.g. Linear Control Theory, Nonlinear Control Theory, Linear Algebra/Numerical Methods, Machine Control Theory, Modeling and Control of Power Electronic Systems)
- Green/Renewables Courses
- Power systems (e.g. Power System Analysis, Power system protection, Grid analysis)
- Thermodynamics or mechanical dynamics
• Strong organization and excellent time management skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong computer background - both productivity and industrial software
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
• Education: Masters in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Formula SAE/Hyperloop/etc. design experience a plus
• Additional course work in the following areas preferred:
• Internships with Industrial solution integrators a plus.
• Experience with Siemens equipment a plus.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.