Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 241764
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Beltsville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for a dynamic Sales Executive to support our Fire Alarm & Security Sales group located in Beltsville, MD (Washington DC). The Sales Executive is End-User/Property Manager focused on Fire Safety - Test & Inspect Service Agreements, Move/Add/Change Service, and Deficiency sales. The Sales Executive will be responsible for capturing new service agreement contracts on Siemens and 3rd party fire alarm installations and expanding our service portfolio (Sprinkler, Suppression, Joint Commission, etc). Under limited supervision, they will manage and grow new service base sales and sales to assigned territory or group of existing fire alarm accounts in the Greater Washington D.C. area.
• Perform sales of Fire Alarm Service Agreements
new order booking and gross margin goals
• Develops and implements plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities for assigned customers or territory
• Team sells with other Salespeople as appropriate
• Effectively handles sophisticated deals independently within established guidelines
• Effectively performs needs assessments, develops sales proposals, estimates, specifications and presentations. Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale.
• Strategic Account Planning and Management
• Coordinate and present technical symposium’s to customers and end-users
• Prepare extensive sales promotion campaigns for customers to promote Siemens product lines to Commercial markets
• Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking
• Participates in civic and professional organizations, and sales department meetings, workshops and seminars. Keeps current on market business and product trends. Continues to pursue in depth product and service knowledge and acquire deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
• Develops and deploys account strategies. Prepares annual technology roadmap for all accounts managed.
• Team sells with solutions/contractor sales reps and Building Automation service sales reps.
• Develops and builds long term relationships
• Expand the value of assigned accounts for all SSI offerings
• Primary point of contact with end-user
• Drives/coordinates new business across all product lines to meet objectives
• Focus on customer retention and satisfaction/loyalty
• Will focus on prospecting directly to new end users
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, although a combination of education (High School Diploma or GED equivalency a minimum requirement) and directly experience will also be considered
• 2+ years of meeting and succeeding quotas of selling full fire alarm and integration products to the end-users strongly desired, although candidates with extensive experience with fire alarm systems will also be considered
• Effective communication skills to give presentations before a broad audience
• Hunter sales mentality
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License in good standing
• Must be at least 21 years of age and meet eligibility requirements in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
• Spin selling training preferred
• NICET Level II Certification in Fire Alarm, Fire Sprinkler or Special Hazards strongly desired; must be willing to obtain
• Extensive training in fire alarm, electronics and system applications software preferred: will train the right candidate
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.