Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 241792
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Mobility in the U.S. is in the middle of a technological revolution, and as cities and states start to plan for and implement autonomous, electric, connected, and shared mobility infrastructure, they must also manage existing assets: highways, city streets, tunnels, and railway crossings that continue to be hot spots for congestion.
Siemens Intelligent Traffic Solutions is at the forefront of this revolution. Today, we are working with emergency support personnel, city planners, and transportation systems operators not only to manage their existing infrastructure and assets, but also plan for the future. Our projects focus on installing digital and physical infrastructure to help operators know what is happening and where, from tracking buses and trains on their routes, to locating and addressing stalled vehicles, to connecting drivers with important information about road and traffic conditions. We are also working on projects related to bus lane enforcement, congestion pricing, connected and automated vehicle solutions (V2I), electric vehicle charging infrastructure and to Mobility-as-a-Service – both integral aspects of our increasing focus on Smart Cities Mobility solutions.
It is our belief that this future hinges on reliable network communications, effective traffic management demand, and a business model that can sustain infrastructure, whether it be through tolling, pricing or other strategies. We are looking for a forward-thinking, creative, and skilled person to join our Smart Cities team comprised of dedicated business leads and sales application engineers as we continue to grow our presence in the U.S.
The ITS team is recruiting for a Head of Business Development and Sales – Traffic Enforcement Solutions. This strategic role will have full responsibility for the successful commercial exploitation of the Siemens ITS Enforcement portfolio in the US. A key requirement of the role is to improve Siemens’ market position and achieve financial growth in the rapidly evolving Enforcement market, including Traffic Enforcement, Congestion Charging and Tolling.
The role requires the definition of long-term strategic goals and targets, building key customer and industry partner relationships, identifying business opportunities, negotiating and closing business deals, in addition to maintaining knowledge of the Enforcement market. This is a senior sales position close working with customers, and industry partners,
Head of Business Development and Sales – Traffic Enforcement Solutions will report to the Head of Smart Cities ITS US, Sales. We are actively recruiting candidates to be based in New York City, Austin, TX, or Northern California.
In this role, you will be familiar with Advanced Traffic Management Systems and Enforcement Technology - including Automated License Plate Recognition (ALPR), Congestion Charging schemes, Bus Lane Enforcement, Tolling Technologies and Block-the-Box/Speed Enforcement. You will have experience in proposal or grant writing and be exceptionally organized.
The Head of Business Development and Sales – Traffic Enforcement, will have the following key responsibilities:
- Full sales responsibility for the Siemens Enforcement portfolio and the successful commercial exploitation of the Siemens Sicore II ALPR Camera and platform.
- Develop and deliver profitable, sustainable and persuasive operational relationships, customer relationships and Enforcement product and systems growth.
- Identify and understand the US Traffic Enforcement market dynamics and opportunities through close engagement with customers, industry partners and government agencies.
- Working with internal and external partners, including Siemens regions and HQ, to develop growth strategies, defining risks and potentials for growth.
- Identify, propose and screen potential business opportunities – both direct with customers and via Siemens Regional Companies and chosen business partners.
- Develop relationships with new clients, while growing and retaining existing accounts through the provision of additional Enforcement equipment and new solutions.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts (with appropriate Commercial and Legal support) where necessary.
- Maintain professional network and Siemens ITS Enforcement visibility through the participation in industry events and professional organizations.
- Active participation and contribution to Enforcement industry and related events, marketing activity, road-shows, publications and market/product announcements.
- Track and record activity on ITS Enforcement opportunities and accounts. Set and forecast sales targets and ensure they are met.
- The role will also involve close liaison with R&D, Commercial, Bid Management and Siemens colleagues outside of the US in particular.
Competencies for this job include:
- 5+ years of sales experience coupled with a formal business qualification and experience within the traffic or enforcement industry is desirable.
- The role requires excellent communication skills, with customers, external partners and internal colleagues at all levels.
- The ability to undertake detailed and accurate analysis of market data and to synthesize and justify strategies and solutions that will be of economic benefit to the company is critical.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a pro-active approach and have proven relationship buildings skills evidenced in a business development, sales and marketing, commercial or engineering environment.
- Experience with a virtual workforce (significant work will be done remotely)
- Willing to travel ~30%
- BS/BA in Business, Transportation Engineering, Economics or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years successful experience in the mobility space and successful demonstration of above responsibilities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft-based applications, particularly Word, Excel, Visio, Sharepoint and Powerpoint.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, and 18 days of PTO to start
- Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming the Head of Business Development & Sales - Traffic Enforcement with Siemens ITS, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States