Business Unit: Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics
Requisition Number: 241820
Primary Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens Postal, Parcel and Airport Logistics is seeking experienced mechanical and electrical controls Baggage Handling Systems Mechanic B (s) in support of the team located at the San Francisco Airport, International terminal location. This position requires experience and knowledge in the responsibilities as outlined.
Performing maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, and testing of the Baggage Handling Systems, Passenger Boarding Bridges (PBBs) and their associated components and providing accurate and timely written reports of safety, operational, and maintenance activities. Must have the ability to interpret data and suggest maintenance schedule/activity adjustments to the Manager. Update daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance activity schedules.
lifting (50 to 100 pounds), bending, reaching, climbing, walking, crawling, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, speaking, sight, and/or hearing to complete the job duties.
• Electro-Electronics / Mechanical skills required
• Excellent Customer Relations skills.
• Adhere to all safety regulations and safe work practices.
• Mechanical troubleshooting skills including but not limited to belts, bearings, pulleys, drives, and gearmotors.
• Industrial electrical troubleshooting skills including 480V three phase motor and control circuits, electrical schematic print reading, variable frequency drives, motor starters, and input/output systems.
• Working knowledge of PLC systems and operations.
• Familiarity with high level control systems SCADA systems, and network architecture including servers, ethernet, fiber optic, network switches (ethernet, fiber), workstations, and barcode scanning systems.
• Maintenance management software skills including generating and completing preventive and corrective maintenance, scheduling maintenance, and tracking inventory.
• Ability to pass all background checks and security screenings per airport requirements.
• Experience: 2-5 years of experience
• Education Required: Associates/Technical Degree in a relevant field, or equivalent industry experience
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.