Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 241825
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Plymouth
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for an Operations Project Lead to support our Fire Systems group. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the OPL manages multiple, smaller projects from pre-booking to customer acceptance. OPL supervises, directs and motivates the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects. The OPM will ensure customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
*OPM Assignments range from supporting a Project Manager on strategic Projects, and or manage projects independently.
*OPL will manage a portfolio of projects of approximately $1.0 million of revenue.
*Responsible for the coordination of Field Engineering, Installation of Siemens Fire Systems, Managing of Subcontractors and Vendors, and Commissioning Activities.
*The ability to resolve the scope of work and contractual issues on assigned projects. Capacity to price proposes and negotiates change orders.
*The capability to accurately forecasting project costs by calculating earned value, and accurately assessing monthly Cost To Complete (CTC) on assigned projects.
*The aptitude to understand and interpret contracts drawings and project specifications related to our work.
*Electrical and Project Management experience is a plus
Required Knowledge, Skills, experience & Education:
• Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications, contracts, and codes to determine project requirements.
• Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
• Responsible for the coordination of Field Engineering, Installation of Siemens Fire Systems, Managing of Subcontractors and Vendors, and Commissioning Activities.
• Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs.
• Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
• Participates in job site final walk thru and manages the completion of all close out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field preferred, although candidates with an Associate’s Degree or equivalent with an emphasis in a technical field will also be considered.
• Strong knowledge of Fire Systems recommended.
• Excellent contracting skills
• Must have an understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects
• Must have the ability to resolve the scope of work and contractual issues on assigned projects, as well as the ability to price proposes and negotiates change orders
• Must have the capability to accurately forecast project costs by calculating earned value, and accurately assessing monthly Cost To Complete (CTC) on assigned projects
• The aptitude to understand and interpret contracts drawings and project specifications related to our work.
• Must have strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Why Siemens? We offer:
• A competitive base salary plus an incentive bonus
• Excellent health, vision, dental plans with many options to choose from - all benefits retroactive to 1st day of
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.