Business Unit: Low Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 241832
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
This is a product management role responsible for low voltage power circuit breakers (ANSI / UL489) within Siemens Smart Infrastructure operating company, Low Voltage Products business unit. This role will be responsible for ANSI / UL489 power circuit breaker portfolio management and will include focuses on portfolio strategy, product roadmaps, new product introductions, pricing and overall product lifecycle management. This is an excellent role for an experienced product management professional in the electrical industry, or for an individual with an engineering, business marketing or sales background that has a strong aptitude and desire for product portfolio management responsibilities. The ideal candidate would be highly motivated, possess strong communication and teamwork skills, and have experience in the electrical industry.
The overall responsibility of this position is to manage Siemens power circuit breaker product portfolio for the NAFTA market. As stated above, this position will have heavy focuses on portfolio strategy, product roadmap development / management, project management, launching new products, pricing strategy and general product lifecycle management from inception to obsolescence. The specific product line in scope for this position is Siemens WL power circuit breakers. This is a globally cross-functional role that will involve regular coordination with many departments including but not limited to R&D, application engineering, marketing, sales, logistics, pricing, finance, and data management. Estimated travel in this role is approximately 20%.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Engineering Management or Business Marketing
2. 8+ years of experience in professional work environment.
3. 5+ years of product management, marketing, sales, logistics or R&D experience preferably with electrical or electromechanical products.
4. Proven experience in product lifecycle management (PLM) or general project management.
5. Strong technical aptitude - ability to interpret and author technical product specifications.
6. Excellent communication skills - verbal / non-verbal and technical / non-technical.
7. Strong data analysis, problem solving, report writing, and presentation skills.
8. Ability to multitask and manage product management activities per a schedule.
9. Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally (~20%).
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Knowledge and experience with circuit protection products, specifically circuit breakers and electronic trip units.
2. Intermediate level of skill and capability with SAP and Web Focus (formerly Business Objects).
3. Bachelors degree in Engineering or Engineering Management with an electrical or mechanical focus.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.