Business Unit: Operations & Transformation
Requisition Number: 241833
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
The HR Consultant: HR Planning and Performance is responsible for supporting the implementation of strategic initiatives, managing small-to mid-sized projects or streams of existing projects, and ensuring a higher level of performance of the HR function. Partnering with colleagues across the full HR value chain and partners across Siemens, supports the translation of US business requirements into human capital imperatives and solutions to meet the evolving needs of the business. With direction, supports opportunities to improve HR processes, with an eye towards efficiency and a play toward greater effectiveness of the function. Collaborates with and influences decision making of colleagues, with no formal authority. Acts as an independent, unbiased voice on best approaches for HR, building trusted relationships and has a bias toward action and implementation. This role will report to the Director - HR Planning and Performance. Member of a small, fast-paced internal consulting team with HR expertise, project management know-how and insight into futuristic thinking of the HR function.
- In concert with the Head of Human Resources, US and Director, HR Planning and Performance, supports the local strategic direction of the HR organization, aligned to local business requirements and global HR strategy.
- Executes on projects to drive the implementation of the ongoing HR Transformation to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
- Program management, content development, relationship management and implementation support of various aspects of the US People Agenda.
- Contribute to discussions related to workforce and organization design changes- taking ownership of project related work to move the organization forward.
- Be assigned to implementation of country wide HR projects across and between HR expert teams, field HR, GBS, and other stakeholders to improve operational efficiency.
- Research external market and its implications on the business and people strategy (industries, labor pool, customers, HR, people practices etc.), and work with Director to recommend, design, and manage innovations to ensure ongoing HR best practice.
- Lead ad-hoc projects to support the US Agenda and the Global HR Community which includes but is not limited to; Workforce Advisory Panel, D&I Initiatives, SGES, People Agenda data profile(s), Voice of the Business surveys, service delivery model changes such as TSAs, etc,
- With support, prepare senior level presentations to support the implementation of people-related initiatives and HR practices
- Apply facilitation skills to lead workshops, planning sessions and customer-facing interventions in support of the HR value chain as required
- Contribute to the annual budget process and monitors / evaluates budget status.
- Drive HR activities in support of M&A projects / activities
- Build network on emerging HR practices
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 3-5 years of successful progressive experience in Human Resources, Management Consulting, or Business partnering roles
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Project and program management skills to lead key HR initiatives
- Proven ability to research and analyze information and recommend respective solutions
- Ability to handle multiple projects or tasks while effectively prioritizing to meet deadlines in an ever changing fast-paced environment
- Understanding of the HR Shared Service operating models
- Experience participating in strategic initiatives
- Knowledge of core financial principles (Costing, Budgeting, Financial Analysis)
- Experience rolling out/implementing HRIS, CRM, ATS systems a plus.