Business Unit: Procurement
Requisition Number: 241836
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
The Supply Chain Manager- Functional Excellence is responsible for ensuring the delivery of best in practice services for the Mobility Supply Chain Management infrastructure for both United States and Canada. This professional will provide functional support and be the foremost expert within supply chain management / procurement on governance framework topics, methods tools & supply chain management standards (MPS), planning controlling & reporting (PCR), supplier management, and digitalization & data management Solutions. This role will report into the Head of Supply Chain Management procurement for Mobility U.S. and Canada.
• Provide functional support and help secure fully compliant processes within Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) framework through local implementation and execution of global governance framework and processes.
• Provide knowledge and functional support for the implementation of standardized global methods, processes, and tools within the SCM / Procurement functions. This includes, (but not limited): e-Sourcing & Advanced Negotiations (ANC), Source-to-Contract (S2C), Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM), Supplier Qualification (SQ), Competence Management of SCM staff, etc.
• Reliable execution of the reporting/controlling function by supplying decision-relevant information as well support the budgeting and target planning processes. This will include planning business results from materials, monitoring progress in achieving goals, conducting regular target/actual comparisons with reporting to management, and initiating measures to be taken in the event of deviations from the plan.
• Provide knowledge and functional support to ensure that supplier performance requirements are fully identified, aligned and managed throughout the U.S. and Canada organizations. This includes: Supplier Selection & Qualification, Sourcing Decisions, Supplier Performance Management, Strategic Supplier Segmentation, and Supplier Risk Management.
• Establish know-how within MO SCM and enhance the value-add through process automation, leveraging the tools capabilities and help close the gap along E2E processes to increase the efficiency. Drive and inspire digital mindset in the SCM environment.
• Prepare and lead quarterly P2P Control Board Meetings with all key business stakeholders as well as document/publish minutes.
• Support Head of SCM / Procurement with Local Mitigation Control (LMC) P2P administration tracking & support.
• Provide oversight and monitor all requested P2P Services from Global Business Services (GPS) as well as services performed by SOP SCM for both Mobility U.S. and Canada.
• Provide functional support with our Diverse, Small Business & Federal Program oversight for Mobility U.S. by coordinating with both local business units and Siemens U.S. wide program.
• Provide audit coordination, interface and resolution if Mobility Supply Chain Management / Procurement is requested to perform Operational Review, Risk & Internal Control (RIC), MO SCM, or external audits.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree: Engineering, Business Administration or Economics
• 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain Management / Procurement
• Broad SCM / Procurement knowledge
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft office applications
• Solid communication, presenting and listening skills
• Ability to build trust and confidence quickly and professionally.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Post-graduation/Specialization: Business Administration, SCM & Procurement
• 8-10+ years of experience in Supply Chain Management / Procurement
• Prior Functional Excellence experience within Siemens
• Language: English (mandatory), German (plus)
• Working knowledge of Siemens tools: SCMCoRe, SCM STAR, One Puma Web, GLORIS, GMDM, OneSRM, CMD, EZ-Suite, Hyperion, SAP, etc.
• Focus on results and customers
• Internal Negotiation Skills & Persuasion abilities
• Long term strategic and systemic vision
• Problems & Conflicts resolution skills
• Demonstrable Commitment