Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 241849
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Mount Prospect
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
Reporting to the Zone Service Manager, this position leads, manages and oversees the zones energy service business. Directs a team of energy engineers to development and implement energy service strategies that include facility site visits and audits to qualify, identify and quantify simple to complex facility improvement measures (FIMS) and opportunities; communicates requirements with internal resources and outside vendors on FIMS; leads or assists in the development of proposals and reports; develops measurement, fault detection/ diagnostic and performance assurance plans; monitors project performance; and performs retro-commissioning and other energy services. Works directly with sales and branch operations in developing account strategies to grow our energy services business line. Responsible for the development of the energy engineering team through the PMP process.
Oversee the following activities of the zone energy engineering team to include the following:
· Leads and performs preliminary and detailed facility audits to qualify, identify and quantify simple to complex FIMS and opportunities
· Leads and coordinates facility site visits and communicates requirements with internal resources and outside vendors on FIMS;
· Provides review of subcontractor proposals and rectify gaps in savings calculations and scopes of work.
· Leads in the development of energy calculations, reports and contract exhibits; assists in proposal development and technical review. Develops measurement, fault detection/diagnostic performance assurance plans and utility monitoring plans.
· Monitors project performance and provides retro-commissioning and other energy services. Specifies, takes and/or supervises pre- and post- measurements, data logging, and trending of equipment/systems necessary to determine opportunities and verify performance and energy savings. Develops design concepts and other written documentation to sales, management and National Operations concerning recommended FIMS, including accurate descriptions, savings potential, cost estimates and back up data to verify FIMS. Utilizes DART or other financial spreadsheets to assist in preparation of project financial models including an understanding of Return on investment, life cycle cost analysis and internal rate of return. Acts as subject matter expert on multiple FIMs. Applies building energy simulation programs or MS Excel spreadsheet calculations to determine project energy and operational savings.
· Performs utility bill analysis to determine applicable baseline consumption data and rates as well as identify possible utility supply side opportunities.
· Develops stand alone energy service projects and/or LEED sustainable solutions.
· Responsible for project development necessary to meet Zone Service sales targets. Accurately calculate energy and operational savings on projects to meet sales targets, prevent savings short falls and satisfy customer needs and expectations.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· Minimum of 3 year managerial experience in the energy service field
· BS or higher in engineering or applicable technical degree.
· Certification: CEM and LEED Credentialed, PE desired
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite programs, high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
· Experience with HVAC systems, building controls, lighting, building envelope, electrical, and domestic water system technologies / design.
· Experience with data logging equipment and trending capability of building automation systems trending functions.
· Experience with building modeling programs or spreadsheet energy analyses..
· Experience with standard ASHRAE energy calculations and IPMVP performance assurance methodologies.
· Knowledge of common HVAC and electrical building codes.
· Knowledge of facility and maintenance operations, capital planning, maintenance budgeting and maintenance best practices.
· Experience with the development of scope documentation, evaluation of subcontractor proposals, and risk identification and quantification for design/build projects
· Potential for moderate overnight travel up to 40%
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.