Business Unit: Service Controls and Digitalization
Requisition Number: 241868
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Energy Learning Services
Do you have an accomplished technical training background? Are you looking for your next dynamic opportunity? The T3000 training team of Alpharetta, GA is seeking a technical trainer to be part of the growing team in Orlando, Florida.
You will be a key member of the current well-established T3000 Training curriculum that will be responsible for the delivery, maintenance and development of customer-focused learning content, tools, and concepts within the assigned portfolio elements. You will also assist course developers in the creation of design documents, help to set delivery milestones, and will deliver courseware via face-to-face.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
You will be principally charged with presenting prepared materials, supervising organized laboratory activities, displaying classroom leadership, recording student progress, and assuring the presence of appropriate equipment and materials to conduct the laboratory and classroom activities in a safe and effective manner.
Such typical duties and responsibilities that the Trainer is charged with, but not limited to are as follows:
• Conducts individual and group technical training courses and activities for employees and customers utilizing Siemens Energy T3000 DCS Engineering software & E3000 Excitation Equipment
• Identifies customers’ training needs to support the completion of Learning Needs Analyses.
• Supports sales functions of Portfolio Consultants.
• Completes appropriate revisions of existing course materials.
• Assists in the development of new course materials.
• Participate in departmental meetings and team activities
Required Education and Experience
We require the following to be successful in this role:
• AS/BS in appropriate engineering/engineering technology area or equivalent
• A minimum of 8 years of experience programming, installing, maintaining and troubleshooting industrial automation systems
• A minimum of 8 years of experience operating and maintaining industrial processes using standard distributed control systems, to include experience with PLC and DCS equipment, and associated electronic automation equipment and associated software packages.
• Experience documenting operational, safety, and environmental procedures in an industrial setting
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
• Ability to travel up to 15%
You move to the top of the pack with the following:
• Background/experience in the Power Plant sector
• Significant recent experience working successfully in a field related to the Power Plant sector, or in an area directly related to industrial instrumentation and/or process control operations.
• Experience in technical teaching or mentoring students in a culturally diverse technical environment
• Experience in Siemens Drive products (Simoreg 6RA70, Sinamics G120, S120, GL150) a plus.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.