Business Unit: Distribution Systems
Requisition Number: 241888
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
Siemens Industry is looking for an eMobility Solutions Business Developer to cover the Western Region of the US. This position will promote and drive sales within the entire Siemens eMobility integrated product offerings centered around the AC & DC EV Chargers, Fast DC Chargers, Heavy Duty (Fleet) DC Chargers, Pantograph street charging for busses, EV Management software solutions and Managed services. This position will also incorporate the addition of Siemens Low and Medium Voltage electrical components, providing one integrated solution for our end users.
The primary “go to market” focus will be directly with end users and across all the various Siemens sales support channels (Construction, Industrial, Transportation (verticals), Building Technology), Siemens distribution / channel partners and supporting Utility market organizations.
The chosen BD will be part of a team of US eMobility Business Developers that reside under the fast-growing SI-Distribution Systems-Future Grid-eMobility division reporting to the National eMobility BD Manager, who reports to the Director of SI DS FG eMobility, Mr. DeBoer.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
Key responsibilities for this role will be to drive profitable Electric Vehicle (EV) Managed solution bookings within a respective area and throughout various vertical markets including the Transportation sector. Additional objectives of the position will be to support the Siemens sales channels with the designing, quoting, and presenting integrated eMobility offerings to the end users.
· Understand networking and common protocols used in the EV world such as OCPP & Modbus.
· Provide excellent speaking and presentation skills to present EV solutions· Understand the competitive EV offerings – (can be learned once hired)
· Understand electrical one-lines, nomenclature, and basic knowledge of low and medium voltage electrical equipment.
· Be able to work with standard Microsoft office applications
· Knowledge of integrated software platforms and the promotion of software solutions
· Cloud based (IoT) offerings
· Be willing to travel by car and plane, with overnight stays
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree iis required.
2. 5 years minimum experience in an Integrated design business development field
3. Electric Vehicle (EV) Charger or EV industry product knowledge
4. Electrical – LV, MV, HV general knowledge
5. Strong leadership and entrepreneurial skills, record of success leading sales efforts to profitable growth.
6. Collaboration and teaming across different organizations and business units.
7. Excellent time Management skills.
8. Develop a monthly report covering the region, sales opportunities, marketing information, competitive information, etc. to the manager
9. Log and manage a quote / opportunity pipeline in Siemens Salesforce.com system
10. Experience with territory management, ability to build and maintain relationships.
11. Communications – Public Speaking.
12. General communications networking knowledge.
13. Able to read electrical One-line drawings.
14. Proficient in Microsoft office.
15. Ability to travel 40%.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. EV or Advanced solution design, electrical trade certifications or experience.
2. Electrical / EV / Solar engineering experience – 5+ years.
3. IoT Cloud development/IoT Cloud offering/IoT design.
4. Electric Vehicle (EV) Charger or EV industry product knowledge
5. Electrical – LV, MV, HV general knowledge
6. Integrated Software sales
7. Managed Services knowledge
8. Technical product business development within the Construction / Industrial / Vertical or Utility markets
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- IC plan based on the group and divisional results
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens eMobility is a great place to have a career in a fast-paced growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive eMobility infrastructure solutions for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from the electrical infrastructure, to eMobility components, and Managed services from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care.