Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 241891
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Indianapolis
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
- Design building automation systems for standard and/or critical environment facilities consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical wiring drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve and damper schedules.
- Design building automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels and third-party integration devices.
- Analyze plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
- Choose the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost effective solution. Act as a technical resource to team and customer as needed.
- Generate DDC point database and terminal equipment software on projects. Provide start-up and checkout documentation for use in commissioning and validation. Prepare engineering re-estimate and follow up with appropriate sales and management to assure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
- Prepare all information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/ subcontractor.
- Order and track all required products and materials for timely delivery on the job site.
- Participates in sales to operation turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
- Participates in initial job site walk through for retrofit projects with contractors and/or building management.
- May perform some field activities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or technical field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Knowledge of Lighting Controls is a plus.
- Knowledge of IP Network layout or setup is a plus.
- 1-2 years engineering /systems or other related experience in DDC design is a plus.