Business Unit: Logistics
Requisition Number: 241908
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-Southaven
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
The Database administrator will be a key position within the Southaven DC that will support producing standard data reports for Delivery Reliability, Delivery Quality, and internal productivity management reporting in the DC. The Database administrators’ job is to organize that data in a way to help data analysts and companies make better business decisions. The Database administrator will work to help collect and manage data so that it can be used to analyze business functions, productivity and redundancies.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
· Complete daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports (Delivery Reliability & Delivery Quality).
· Complete, implement, and track internal hourly production scorecards for the DC’s
· Maintain all internal databases for the facility, which includes access and Easy Label
· Support all IT issues between ATOS and the SH site
· Sort and organize the data; both hard copy and electronic versions.
· Update company website with recent data records.
· Maintain electronic files of data sets.
· Provide KPI data reporting updates to internal and external management
· Prepare data for reporting, meeting and presentations.
· Support Optimization projects by either pulling data from SAP or setting up new database/queries to support the projects.
· 3-5 years of SAP query design and implementation
· High school diploma and 2+ years of Data Analyst experience required
· Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
· 3-5 years of Excel macros and VBA creation
· Ability to design and implement Access database platforms to support operations.
· Vast working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Access along with WMS experience and RF functionality
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· 5+ years of SAP experience.
· 5+ database management experience.
· Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree.
· LEAN and Six Sigma experience.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants
will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.