Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 241927
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Plano
Other Locations: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
As a lead Product Architect, work productively with Consultants, Product Architects, Program/Project Managers, and other internal & external interfaces to ensure that the customer succeeds in their objectives. As a specialist resource, responsible for consulting, advising, recommending, designing, and where appropriate deploying, specific technical solutions based on product knowledge and best practices in the subject area(s), for complex projects across the Zone, for the Siemens PLM Software solution to be delivered successfully and provide value to the customer.
- In line with program & project processes and messaging, interact with the customer to support the management of customer expectations and support customer adoption.
- Act as trusted advisor to Sales, PreSales and Services project teams providing guidance through the complexity of solution options for multi domain technical solutions for multiple industry segments. Where appropriate, act as trusted advisor to the customer on the long term product roadmap
- Consults on complex projects/assignments of diverse scope that require specialist expertise and high levels of technical leadership.
- Works under self-management within project and/ or task constraints and will determine solutions, methods and procedures on assignments/projects.
- Where required, act as project technical work stream lead for specific project work streams on large programs/projects requiring a full-time specialist resource, and support project management activities such as estimating, work package breakdown and project planning and monitoring, where required.
- Acts as leading member of Zone Community of Practice for own area of specialist knowledge, promoting adoption within the Zone and ensuring that knowledge and lessons learnt are shared across country/organization boundaries.
- Leverage relevant best practices and templates in the leadership of project solutions in own specialist area across the Zone, and significantly contribute to the definition and maintenance of best practices and curates templates in own area of specialism, providing experiences to support continual improvement. Implementation Consultants and Product Architects in a multi-product application.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or related discipline
- 7+ years of recent experience implementing, configuring, designing, and customizing Teamcenter solutions
- 2+ years of recent experience leading a team of consultants
- Multiple years working in a customer facing environment
- Experience with PLM tools: Teamcenter, SAP, Windchill, or Enovia, etc.
- Location: Any major City Near an airport in the Central or Western U.S.
- Travel: 50% travel may be required
- Proficiency across multiple Teamcenter Modules
- Basic knowledge of process modeling techniques and tools.
- Basic knowledge of business process re-engineering.
- Moderate proficiency with configuration control and software installation practices.
- Previous experience of software testing.
- Basic knowledge of one or more of the following programming
- languages: Java, ITK, PLMXML, XML, XSTL, C, C++.
- Basic knowledge and previous experience of databases and CAD/CAM systems.
- Basic knowledge of IT hardware and operating systems.
- Experience in the Aerospace or Defense industry preferred