Business Unit: Service
Requisition Number: 241944
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Minnetonka
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 25%
Join the world’s leading supplier of wind power solutions as a Field Service Technician for Wind Power Services!
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions.
The Lead Service Technician position is located at Woodstock, MN. The position requires approximately 25% travel.
Ability to work a flexible work schedule is a must, along with the ability to analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently. Ideal candidates will provide excellent service to our customers, have the ability to work on complex systems in challenging environments, and participate in the development of new field procedures and best practices.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Must have minimum of 6 months training in a mechanical, industrial or electrical field.
• Physically and mentally able to work suspended from heights and in confined spaces
• Flexible travel schedule
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 lbs or less as required by the equipment safety regulations
• Must pass a physical administered by a medical practitioner to
ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the
physical demands of the position
• Must have clean driving record and pass pre-hire drug screening
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Certification from a Renewable Energy or Wind Technical Program
• Hands on work experience as a Field Service Technician at a Wind Power site
• Relevant work experience e.g. electrical, mechanical, hydraulic maintenance/troubleshooting in a military, industrial or automotive setting