Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 241953
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 35%
Project Manager (mid level position)
The Project Manager is responsible for the successful execution of project goals, which include cost, schedule, quality, and technology for the life cycle of the project and across the project portfolio. This position is responsible for a variety of project types, for the EM Customer Services PMO. Projects include large transformer assembly and installations, and a variety of electrical service contracts for Transmission Solutions.
The Project Manager will be the direct customer operational interface into a wide range of Siemens entities, that supply and support many electrical technologies. A successful candidate will have experience managing contracted vendors, providing direction to field service personnel, and coordinating factory operations.
This position reports directly to the PMO program director, but will have performance reporting responsibility to many team leaders in the overall Siemens Energy Management division.
• Manage all phases of projects from inception through completion, and be financially responsible to overall project performance
• Utilize existing project plan templates and associated communications documents, to be shared between customer and Siemens stakeholders
• Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
• Liaise with service, sales, marketing, and engineering resources as part of an overall core customer centric project focus
• Provide project revenue and profit forecasts as part of regular project status updates
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
• Lead service and hardware procurement efforts, to support project scope of work
• Utilize project management software tools to generate schedules, forecasts, service bandwidth loading, and earned values throughout project performance period
• Provide regular updates to team, management, and PMO on work performed, plans, budget, and overall status
• Support the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract
• Provide direction to the Project Engineer(s), in support of design review and submittal to project stakeholders
• Perform lessons learned activities, upon project closure
• Develop and implement Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or similar technical discipline from an accredited university or college
• Electrical installation and/or construction project management experience of 3 years, or more, for projects with operating budgets >$250,000. Transformer Installation Projects are viewed more favorably.
• PMP (Project Management Professional) certification preferred with working knowledge of project management processes & tools
• Ability to demonstrate leadership skills and proven track record of collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams, including program management, services, engineering, operations, and logistics
• Proven experience in managing subcontractors and/or field service personnel
• Proven experience in risk management
• Proven experience in developing and managing project communication plans
• Proven experience in project commercial reporting
• Proven experience in project closure and handover processes