Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 241965
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Other Locations: United States-Texas-Irving, United States-Massachusetts-Canton, United States-Florida-Orlando, United States-New York-Syracuse
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is looking for an engineer, or similar expertise, in building energy monitoring and analytics to join the Americas Digital Service Center (DSC) in support of our Building Performance & Sustainability (BPS) portfolio. This Associate Performance Assurance Specialist will be a member of the Centralized Performance Assurance Team housed within the DSC and will be responsible for measurement and verification (M&V) of energy savings for Regional and National accounts. A successful candidate will have a working knowledge of building HVAC and automation systems, remote metering, data analytics, and technical communication.
- M&V activities include data collection, analysis, and reporting of energy and cost savings relative to an annual guarantee.
- Continuous monitoring of customer facilities for early identification of energy shortfalls and potential savings improvements is expected along with leadership in collaborating with the BPS team to pursue these opportunities in order to optimize building performance for our customers.
- Leverage Navigator, Siemens energy monitoring and data analytics platform, to provide automated, cloud-based analysis, detection, and reporting of savings results for customer sites.
- Account management includes providing on-time deliverables within budget.
- Responsibilities also include the development and costing of M&V plans for new projects along with thorough execution and setup of these plans during project construction.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Technology or other similar technical field required.
- Superior analytic and statistical ability with strong working knowledge of standard energy calculations and models.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office.
- 1-3 years of building industry-related experience (candidates with less experience with related Advanced Degree or certification will also be considered).
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Working knowledge of lighting, electrical, HVAC, and automation systems for commercial buildings.
- Strong knowledge of International Performance Measurement & Verification Protocol (IPMVP) and Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) standards, and familiarity with ASHRAE Guideline 14.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Certified Measurement and Verification Professional (CMVP), Professional Engineer, or other related energy certifications preferred.
- Familiarity with Siemens Smart Infrastructure, and general energy industry practices and procedures preferred.
- Experience in remote energy metering, building energy auditing, and/or building commissioning
- Familiarity with Fault Detection and Data Analytics
- Experience in Remote Energy Monitoring
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.