Business Unit: Ultrasound
Requisition Number: 241998
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Issaquah
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Senior Ultrasound Systems Engineer
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Senior Ultrasound Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for:
in major portions of innovation projects and product developments; design,
develop, and evaluate ultrasound imaging features/technologies to assess
clinical value and relevance; support/lead product development and release as
needed. Key focus is on ultrasound systems engineering, including ultrasound
signal path design and implementation, imaging feature development, and image
quality optimization and clinical evaluation.
The Senior Ultrasound Systems Engineer works with cross-functional product development team and provides technical leadership in:
- Research and development in ultrasound signal path, key domain area in signal and image processing for tissue characterization and blood flow visualization/quantification.
- Taking ownership of image quality, from algorithm research and development, system performance verification, engineering and clinical image optimization, and customer support.
- Contributing to systems-level product development, owning design specifications and verifications that complies with related medical device regulations/standards (FDA, IEC, etc.) and internal quality management and design control processes.
- Driving innovation and continual improvement of imaging performance all the way from concept generation to prototyping and product implementation.
- Contributing to team work in an Agile development environment.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar
with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with
- M.S. in Electrical/Biomedical Engineering with 2+ years in medical imaging product development, or Ph.D. with medical ultrasound related dissertation.
- Expertise in ultrasound physics and system design, signal and image processing, algorithm specification and development.
- Demonstrated experience using MATLAB/Python for fast prototyping; C/C++ programming skill is a plus.
- Demonstrated technical abilities in coordinating development efforts of a highly technical group
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to adapt quickly to change and work in a rapidly-evolving environment
- Willing to travel up to 10%
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.