Business Unit: Customer Services
Requisition Number: 242003
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Other Locations: United States-Pennsylvania-East Pittsburgh, United States-Pennsylvania-Harleysville, United States-Maryland-Beltsville, United States-Virginia-Richmond
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s unique portfolio supports customers to achieve greater productivity and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate cutting-edge future technologies. Siemens Digital Industries has its global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and has around 75,000 employees internationally.
This position is responsible for driving sustainable growth in Siemens Factory Automation Services business through expanding service scopes in existing customer base and developing new service customer base in conjunction with Siemens Totally Integrated Automation (TIA) Sales team.
Geographic responsibility is the eastern United States based in Charlotte, NC, or other suitable location within responsible geography (SC, TN, VA, MD & PA). Variable compensation (bonus) for this role is based on services order intake and services growth in targeted accounts.
Position works closely with Siemens TIA Sales team to drive services growth with existing service portfolio as well as incremental growth through emerging service portfolio. Position is also the liaison to US Factory Automation Product and Project groups.
- Champions services growth through tight collaboration with Factory Automation Sales, Product, and Project teams.
- Identify and implement strategies/ programs to drive service volume based on industry trends and installed base analysis
- Drive growth in existing Service Agreement base through scope expansion
- Support contract negotiations for large/ strategic service opportunities
- Develop regional strategy to drive existing and emerging Factory Automation Service portfolio in the US
- Develop senior level relationships with the targeted Siemens Factory Automation customers and Solution Partners.
- Execute a disciplined selling process to identify and pursue service opportunities.
- Achieve sales targets for vertical industries with experience in Automotive and Food & Beverage
- Develop and maintain a sales funnel to support growth objectives by identifying, creating and qualifying opportunities with end users.
- Track and regularly report on opportunities and conversion progress.
- Facilitate engagement and communication for opportunities that span geographies.
- Call on accounts in conjunction with TIA Sales to represent Siemens Service capabilities, maintain established business and close new.
- Support customer/internal program reviews. Understand relevant industry standards and customer applications.
- Identify customer technical / commercial challenges and engage appropriate resources to bring issues to resolution.
- Understand important industry trends and correlate trends to drive incremental service opportunity
· Coordinate with marketing groups to assist with industry messaging and collateral.
· Participate in professional organizations and support industry events
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor degree (Electrical Engineering Preferred)
- 7 plus years of Factory Automation services/ solutions sales and marketing experience with specific experience in Automotive or Food & Beverage verticals is desired
- Strong closing skills and contract negotiation experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate and work with a variety of people not under direct control in a fast-paced team environment.
- Proficiency to influence other / buying decisions in a matrix environment
- This position is based in Charlotte, NC or other suitable locations within the territory ,PA,VA & MD
- Approximately 40% travel is required.