Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 242008
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Canton
Other Locations: United States-Massachusetts-Danvers, United States-Massachusetts-Lowell, United States-Massachusetts-Billerica, United States-Massachusetts-Burlington, United States-Massachusetts-Andover
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for an HVAC Field Service Technician - Service Specialist to support our Building Automation HVAC Controls Service Group in the Northern Boston, MA area. The Field Service Technician (Service Specialist II) is responsible for completing HVAC Controls service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation instructions.
This position can be located in other North of Boston locations such as Andover, Lowell, Burlington, Billerica, and Danvers.
Additional Responsibilities include:
• Executes technical support program tasks as scheduled.
• Performs technician preventative maintenance and diagnostics on HVAC Controls automation systems and components as outlined in the technical support program.
• Responds to emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours.
• Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
• Identifies additional chargeable opportunities (T&M Work) including system upgrades and service contact expansion.
• Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
• May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractors at job site as required.
• Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
• Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information daily / weekly.
• If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
• Works with other branch, company or external service providers / vendors to arrange service and to resolve problems.
• Participates in job site final walk through and / or final completion for construction to service turnover on assigned jobs.
• Conducts training for customers on site or at the branch.
• Provides technical support, coaching, and direction to end users and field labor when applicable
• Associate's Degree in Electronics or other related field preferred, although candidates with a combination of directly related HVAC technician experience and education (HS Diploma or GED Equivalent a minimum requirement) will also be considered.
• 1-2 years HVAC engineer/service technician experience is desired.
• Knowledge of automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building controls and operations preferred.
• Skilled in programming, job start-up, checkout, and troubleshooting.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills.
Why Siemens? We offer excellent Job/Career Incentives:
• Competitive compensation
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
• Extensive product training and career development
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with job opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate. Come advance your career with Siemens!
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.