Business Unit: Equity Finance
Requisition Number: 242009
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Other Locations: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Job Summary: Siemens Financial Services Energy Finance Americas co-invests equity in Power and Oil & Gas Infrastructure Projects in the Americas. As an Associate Risk Manager you will have the primary responsibility to manage and monitor portfolio assets in support of Risk Managers and their Asset Management responsibilities. You will provide financial modeling and analytical support and will be responsible for reporting on portfolio companies.
- Asset monitoring, including monitoring project construction progress and tracking operational performance.
- Portfolio management reporting, including preparation of internal reporting and coordination with accounting and business administration.
- Building and maintaining complex project models, including preparation of project valuations supported by defensible inputs during deal due diligence and asset management phases.
- Ensure compliance with policies and guidelines for all asset management activities.
- Continuous development of regional US, Canadian and LATAM energy market construct knowledge.
- Develop and demonstrate a working knowledge of project material contracts support Risk Managers and Head of Risk Management in all aspects of asset management.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent required.
- 5 years of experience with Capital Markets/Structured Finance.
- 5 years proficiency in financial modeling, including model construction (MS Excel), Project Finance modeling experience preferred
- Energy & Natural Resources and/or Power & Utilities sector work experience is essential. Strong analytical and critical reasoning skills, including fundamental asset valuation skills.
- Experience in using the SNL internet platform and other on-line sources of power sector data.
- Knowledge of US electricity markets and ability to quickly understand market construct in LATAM and Canada.
- Familiarity with Project Finance legal documentation
- Ability to work in a team environment with limited supervision, and demonstrate initiative and tenacity completing work-streams with short deadlines.
- 10 % travel required for this role.
Siemens AG (Berlin and Munich) is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 170 years. The company is active around the globe, focusing on the areas of power generation and distribution, intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems, and automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Through the separately managed company Siemens Mobility, a leading supplier of smart mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is shaping the world market for passenger and freight services. Due to its majority stakes in the publicly listed companies Siemens Healthineers AG and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Siemens is also a world-leading supplier of medical technology and digital healthcare services as well as environmentally friendly solutions for onshore and offshore wind power generation. In fiscal 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, Siemens generated revenue of €83.0 billion and net income of €6.1 billion. At the end of September 2018, the company had around 379,000 employees worldwide. Further information is available on the Internet at www.siemens.com.