Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 242029
Primary Location: United States-California-Hayward
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
- Manages tracking, start up, and commissioning jobs of larger revenue and/ or multiple projects requiring greater planning and technical expertise than the next lower level position.
- Reviews plans, specifications, and contract to determine project requirements.
- Handles start-up functions on selected control systems based on project plans, specifications, and contract documents.
- Prepares as-built drawings.
- Troubleshoots possible issues, including identifying and debugging software, electrical and installation problems.
- Prepares database and job related programming for computer-based systems.
- Provides on-site assistance with or performs the installation and start-up, checkout and turnover process.
- Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed. Coordinates work with subcontractors.
- May be responsible for supporting and training entry to mid-level technicians.
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency.
- Required travel: 10%
- Required experience: Five years of experience installing and commissioning security systems that might include:
- Analog and IP-based CCTV cameras, monitors, cabling (coaxial and UTP), power supplies (standalone and POE), matrix switchers, audio surveillance/monitoring integration, encoders/decoders (H.264, MPEG4, JPEG), DVR/NVRs, VRM (Video Recording Manager), storage arrays, VMS (Video Management Systems), and IP-based client viewer software.
- Access control panels, readers, door strikes, REX (request to exit) sensors, relay input/outputs, ATGs (Anti-Tailgate), access schedules, access users and groups, events, intrusion zones, and enrollment.
- Intrusion panels, keypads, PIR motion sensors, door contacts, zone configuration, user codes.
- Working knowledge of VLANs, subnets, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and other network protocols.
- Experience working with leading security products e.g. Software House – C•CURE 9000/ Genetec / Milestone.
- Other requirements:
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States, and will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Preferred education: Associate’s Degree in Electronics or related field.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.