Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 242084
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Beltsville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
This office-based position is responsible for the design of building automation systems using company tools and operating protocols. Receives project specifications from sales team and designs building automation system and or service installed jobs
· Chooses the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost effective solution also
selects proper types and sizes of company products and outside suppliers to meet project requirements.
· Prepares all required submittals and schedules subsequent hand-off to operations. Handles the ordering of all
required products and equipment.
· Acts as a technical resource to the team and customer as needed. Participates in sales to operations turnover
meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
· May participate in initial job site walk through with contractors and/or building management.
· May need to create unique design solutions to meet specific customer requirements.
· Designs building automation systems for all buildings consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings,
bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve and damper schedules, DDC panel layouts to meet the intent of the project
plans, specifications and contract documents.
· Design building automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels, third-party
integration devices connected through LON, Ethernet, Siemens P2 or BACNET. Analyzes plans, construction contract
specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
· Generates DDC point database on all projects. Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project
Manager and system specialist for use in commissioning and validation.
· Assists in preparing engineering re-estimates and follows up with appropriate project manager to assure
understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
· Prepares specifications and drawings for special components and panels purchased from outside suppliers.
· Assists in the preparation of information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to the Project
Manager. Author and track Requests For Information (RFI)
· Assists in the creation of system graphics.
· Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job related information.
· Orders and tracks all required products and materials for timely delivery on the job site.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Associates degree in Electronics, Mechanical, other technical field or equivalent experience.
· 1-3 years engineering /systems or other related experience.
· Knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations required.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD are required. MDT/CT and or Navigator a plus.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Fully proficient and independent design skills.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require
employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.