Business Unit: Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 242089
Primary Location: United States-New York-Tarrytown
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The main objective of this position is to perform a variety of laboratory procedures such as troubleshooting of assay performance issues, analysis of assay data, assessment of assay robustness, and other essential R&D activities involving product development. The position is based in Tarrytown, NY and will report to the Sr. Manager Immunoassay Development.
The overall responsibility of the position is to provide support in a wide variety of semi-complex technical assignments.
Specific tasks will include:
• Preparing chemical buffers and protein based matrices.
• Participates in conducting semi-complex tests or investigations pertaining to the development of new designs methods, materials, or processes and investigates possible application of results.
• Obtains, correlates, and analyzes technical information needed to accomplish semi-complex tasks.
• Provides support in preparing reports, charts, graphs, and other documents.
• Participates in developing designs for a variety of products, processes, and components.
• Assist with laboratory and equipment maintenance as well as laboratory safety.
• Assist with ordering chemicals and supplies.
• Writing reports and oral presentations
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
The candidate should have a good grasp of knowledge and principles of immunoassays and development process. Strong experience in developing in-vitro diagnostic assays preferred.
Broad chemistry/biochemistry knowledge of buffer systems, enzymes, surfactants, preservatives and statistical analysis, including design of experiments.
Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly technical information both verbally and in writing is essential.
Must be hands-on, willing to perform laboratory experiments to execute to plan. This position involves handling potentially biohazardous serum and plasma from human and animal sources.
BS with 0-2+ years of relevant industry experience in Life Sciences or Medical Devices preferred.
Knowledge and/or experience in the field of chemiluminescence and immunoassays is preferred but not required.