Business Unit: Building Products
Requisition Number: 242108
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Are you ready to be part of a team of highly motivated and talented building technology engineers, building products and applications that will help to efficiently operate buildings, reduce energy consumption and provide information to proactively service building equipment?
Working in the city as a Senor Software Engineer III at Siemens Building Technologies, you will collaborate in the development of our flagship Desigo CC product line. You will also participate within interdisciplinary teams and with our global partners. Within our dynamic open office environment, you will contribute to the enhancement and creation of products and applications for the commercial HVAC market. You will be responsible for ensuring that the features meet or exceed the defined requirements. There are growth opportunities within our team structure and an ongoing mission to learn many of the newest technologies.
- To design, develop and deliver high quality components and features for designs on component level solutions via design and requirement / specifications. You should have the ability to gather and interpret data in areas that are more complex and less clearly defined.
- Collaborate in reviews of internal development and documentation of your peers including functional and design specifications, code, test plans, and other relevant documentation.
- Ensure rigorous standards by designing and executing component unit tests and following code quality aspects including but not limited to clean code principles and measurement principles.
- Communicates with internal and external customers to understand the needs and provide the proper solution.
- Provide technical support to resolve technical issues as seen at customer sites. Reports and investigates defects discovered by providing clear descriptions of causal scenarios and impact on product's quality and performance
- Contributes to professional development environment by adhering to development standards in the development of system components.
- Contributes to the continuous integration and development builds via the configuration environment.
- Develops understanding of corporate product line and technologies by gaining knowledge of product functionality and end-user operations.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor or Graduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experienced with .Net and C#
- Skilled in Java and WPF
- Can work in an open environment and has skills with agile development approaches.
- Collaborates well in teams and can work on individual assignments.
- Passionate and self-motivated to learn and keen to constantly improve, develop new skills, and stay current with technology.
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of well-recognized software design patterns
- User Experience (UX) design and interaction evaluation
- Experience with Lean / Agile processes and project management tools are strongly desired
- Has knowledge or experience in the HVAC or related industry
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.