Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 242116
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Bridgeville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate. For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/buildingtechnologies.html
The Pittsburgh Branch of Siemens Industry Inc., is looking for an Operations Project Lead to execute and manage our small to medium sized Solutions Automation Projects. This project management position is a key team member of the Solutions Team and will take on a lead customer facing and leadership role within the business. This is a great opportunity for a candidate who would like to apply their knowledge and skills to grow within the project management role at Siemens.
- Reporting to the Solutions Operations Manager, this position manages multiple, Building Automation projects from booking to customer acceptance
- Initiates, schedules and coordinates the project document/submittal creation, installation, start-up, commissioning and turnover of assigned projects
- Schedules and facilitates project material deliveries
- Ensures customer satisfaction during and at final project completion; coordinates internal and/or external installation resources to meet project schedules.
- Analyzes as-sold scope of work against project documents and plans. Escalates deviations between scope and contract specifications, to Branch Sales and Operations.
- Responsible for estimating/proposing change orders.
- Responsible for monthly project forecasting and controlling utilizing Siemens Project Management and Controlling Tool (PMCT).
- Responsible for project Plan Cost adjustments when applicable
- Creates subcontracts as required
- Assists with warranty issues as needed
- Manages the effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with quality and commissioning requirements
- Identifies percentage of completion for the preparation of monthly progress billings. Assists collections personnel to collect timely payments from the customer, and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors
- Identifies final project completion to Project Coordination for initiating the project Technically Complete workflow. Participates as needed to ensure a timely completion of the close out process.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or technical discipline preferred.
- High School Diploma and Field experience in HVAC Control and / or Automation System start-up, programming and commissioning may also be considered.
- Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid State Driver’s license in good standing. Legally authorized for work in the Unites States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.