Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 242124
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Bridgeville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Fire Alarm Inspector
Siemens Industry Inc, an industry leader in providing installation, maintenance and repair of all types of building HVAC, fire and security systems, is seeking qualified individuals to join our service team.
The role of Fire Alarm Inspector will focus on performing Life Safety inspections of Siemens and other third-party fire alarm systems in accordance with NFPA guidelines. You will stay up to date on all current trends in Life Safety systems to insure safe compliant environments for our customers. In the performance of your duties you will work very closely with the Fire Service Technicians, Fire Operations Team Lead and Sales Executive to report on issues discovered during your visit as well as any information about upcoming projects and opportunities that require a higher level of support.
Reporting to the Fire Service Operations Supervisor, this position provides technical services to customer Fire Safety systems including test and inspections, minor repairs as directed and technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
• Coordinates with contractors in the process of installation of systems sold by a branch office.
• Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implements modifications as necessary.
• Conducts testing and inspects systems under maintenance agreements.
• Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems.
• Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
• Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner. Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues.
• Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities
• Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, requiring further action or material. Participates in On-Call assignments/ schedules as required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
• HS diploma or equivalent required.
• Have or acquires NICET certification for Fire Alarm System Inspections
• Have or acquires a WV low voltage contractor license.
• Have or acquires a State of Ohio Fire Alarm License
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
• Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical in an electronic based program