Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 242134
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Bridgeville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Manages the design, engineering and implementation of all Desigo Migration and / or Panel Migration projects. Provides expertise and knowledge throughout all phases of the project lifecycle. Duties include performing field surveys, estimating, designing, tracking, start up and commissioning multiple projects requiring greater planning and technical expertise than the next lower level position.
· Schedule, design, and manage the execution of projects designated as Quoted Service or Service Migration Projects directly related to panel migrations, and / or Desigo migrations.
· Coordinate branch and/or personal labor to achieve project completion schedules as per assigned scope and customer requirements.
· Manage invoicing and all financial aspects of assigned projects.
· Assist Sales Executives with technical and executable scope development as needed for assigned customer projects.
· Manages the complete Desigo Implementation schedule for the branch in cooperation with the service operations managers and supervisors.
· Attends pre-booking and job turnover meetings to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope.
· Analyzes plans, specifications, and contract to determine system requirements. Performs site visits to verify suitability of the site to perform the necessary upgrades. Selects products, sizes, types, and location to ensure products meet specific requirements. Develops DDC panel layouts to meet the intent of the project scope, specifications and contract documents.
· Designs building automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels, third party integration devices connected through Modbus, Ethernet, Siemens P2 or BACNET. Creates automation system database and job-related programming for computer-based building control systems. Establishes special calibration instructions on selected equipment.
· Collects the files needed to assist with the creation of system graphics. Reviews the graphic package to insure it meets the customers expectation and loads the same onto the Desigo server.
· Assembles close out documentation and as-built drawings as required by the project scope.
· Verify system operations following the migration process to identify and debug software, electrical or pneumatic and installation problems.
· Organizes and maintains the job folder and updates pertinent job-related information. Prepares engineering re-estimate reports, minimizes variances and provides justification.
· Provides on-site assistance with or performs the programming, start-up, checkout, commissioning and validation processes. Participates in job site final walk-through on assigned jobs, completes all job closeout documentation and provides customer training.
· Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed.
· Must be able to perform all tasks with minimal supervision or coaching.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· High School or GED.
· Established field service technician that has completed the Accelerated Specialist Program or equivalent.
· Desigo Level 1, 2 and Migration Certification
· 3+ years’ experience servicing DDC controls system.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Associate degree in Electronics or other related technical field experience preferred.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.