Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 242138
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Beltsville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for
an experienced Business Development Manager to lead business development
activities for our Building Automation Systems group for the Washington DC
Metro area mainly focusing on, but not limited to, developing and maintaining
consulting engineers and Contractor coverage. The general goal of engineering
coverage would be to establish long-term relationships with key specifiers in
order to generate specifications favorable to Siemens Industry, Inc. for
Comfort projects, and more specifically, for our area’s target projects. Focus
would be on large specifiers whose influence crosses district, area and
national boundaries. This individual would work with the consulting engineer
and Contractor on conceptual design, specification development, sequences of
operation, smoke control matrix lists, budgeting, etc. and work with the sales
team associated with the given targeted projects.
• Allow Siemens Smart Infrastructure to increase its visibility and building automation leadership position image in the specifier and construction community. Write building automation specifications on targeted projects to enhance the company’s probability of success through price and preference. Develop and conduct seminars and lunch & learns to consulting/contracting firms to promote company products and solution sets. Neutralize or put competition at a disadvantage. Develop business opportunities and generate sales volume.
• Assists in the preparation of product information
required by customers. Performs training assignments as directed in order to
apply engineering knowledge and principles. Continually strives to become more
familiar with Siemens products, technology, personnel, culture, policies,
practices and regulations.
• Provide expert application support to specifiers and contractors to improve customer and branch productivity and reduce their risk.
• Allow the Sales Engineer/Account Manager to respond to specifier requirements in a timely and knowledgeable manner.
• Supports local sales management with strategic planning and forecasting. Research, develop and maintain competitive information resources. Works with market communications staff to develop support materials for the consulting engineering community. Maintains technical competence of company’s products, applications and services. Represents Siemens with active participation in industry associations, professional organization and affiliations. Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory approval of design documents and create outstanding customer value.
• Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering preferred. Combination of education (HS Diploma/GED a minimum requirement) along with directly related experience will also be considered
• Five years or more experience in the Building Automation industry
• Knowledge of Siemens Industry products and solution sets desired
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must possess an outgoing personality, be able to present themselves and Siemens Industry, Inc. in a professional and positive way, be technically astute and work well in a team environment
• Demonstrates a basic knowledge of professional principles and skills
• Effectively uses fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing, and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.