Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 242259
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Munhall
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens Rail Automation is seeking to hire a Senior Project Manager to monitor projects from the bid phase through to customer acceptance. In this role, you will perform project/program management activities (defining scheduling, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource management activities). You will also supervise, direct and motivate the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects.
In addition, you will ensure customer satisfaction during and at final project completion. Travel to Customer sites is required. This role will involve extensive interaction with sales, systems engineering, product development, procurement, manufacturing, and other members of cross-functional teams.
• Participate in pre-bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and project requirements.
• Analyze plans, contract specifications and requirements to determine project requirements. Follow up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of project scope.
• Manage the development of project plans in advance of project activity to assure effective execution by the Project Team and monitor progress to ensure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
• Oversee preparation and execution of engineering schedules. Utilize financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Prepare or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursue timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
• Participate in Project reviews and acceptance testing, and manages the completion of all close out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Previous project management experience (8+ years) including management/oversight of project profit and loss and leading cross-functional teams.
• Experience interfacing with customers and leading customer interactions.
• Experience in the railroad or large construction industry.
• Familiarity with industry-related computer software and hardware.
• Control Systems Project Management experience preferred
• Claim Settlement experience desired
• Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) desired
• Electrical or Computer Engineering Degree preferred
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.