Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 242297
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Other Locations: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
As a member of the customs compliance team, the individual will facilitate transactional support for US imports and exports. Position to report to Manager of Customs Compliance.
- Ensure full compliance and timely clearance for import transactions, including issuance of clearance instructions, monitoring, record keeping and auditing.
- Ensure full compliance for export transactions, including the review of export documentation, execution of export license determination, issuance of shipper's letter of instruction, filing of Electronic Export Information and record retention.
- Interface with customs brokers, suppliers and service providers to ensure consistency with defined import and export processes.
- Maintain procedures and working instructions relevant to the import and export processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree or High School Diploma and relevant years of experience.
- 5+ years of direct US import and export experience
- Licensed US Customs Broker preferred
- Experience with SAP preferred
- Direct experience with reviewing, preparing and processing import entries and export shipments
- Excellent knowledge of US Customs regulations, US Tariff database, General Rules of Interpretation and customs brokerage activities
- Advanced knowledge of trade preferences (such as NAFTA), duty minimizing programs (such as US Goods Returned) and valuation regulations
- This role requires strong interpersonal attributes including: high ethical standards, strong organizational and communication skills, high attention to detail, highly self-motivated and a team player.
- Must possess strong skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.