Business Unit: Building Products
Requisition Number: 242311
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
- Responsible for introduction of new products into manufacturing and supporting sustaining products, process improvements & special projects.
- Plans and directs Manufacturing Engineering activities and responsible for supporting the Building Products manufacturing operations to achieve and exceed the operational goals.
- Implementation of Digitalization and Automation initiatives. Facilitates technical innovations in manufacturing processes and methodologies.
- Communicates project status and may participate in preparing for and presenting business cases, functional plans and objectives to higher level management.
- Leads and develop the engineering team including hiring, performance evaluation, mentoring, and skills development.
- Manages staffing and budgetary requirements to ensure organizations effectiveness. Sets department performance standards and ensures process adherence.
- Oversees and manages New Product Industrialization processes, Design Engineering (Hardware & Software), Industrial Engineering (Plant layout, time studies, assembly processes and equipment) and Lean processes, supporting Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical and Electronic products.
- Directs engineers, testers, and technicians to provide technical solutions for the assembly and testing of Building Products lines.
- Designs and plans future department activities and requirements.
- Participates in Annual and quarterly Supply Chain & Manufacturing Hoshin Kanri strategic planning and execution activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent related experience. Advance (MBA or MS) degree preferred.
- 4-5 years Manufacturing Engineering experience, and 1-2 years in a related supervisory / managerial role.
- Strong understanding of technologies and processes supporting Manufacturing operations. Preferred experience in the areas of Product design, Manufacturing principles, Mechanical, Electromechanical assembly and test practices.
- Expertise and experience with SAP and Team Center.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership and planning skills required.
- Strong team player and familiar with working in large matrix organizations.