Business Unit: Building Products
Requisition Number: 242312
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 50%
This position is a Business Development role within the Siemens Infrastructure, Building Products sales team, and is responsible for promoting sales growth in our Value-Added Partner channel through execution of the Government Sales initiative. Candidate can live anywhere in the US if he or she lives near a major airport.
· This position is tasked with increasing Siemens Product sales in our Value-Added Partner channel in the Government vertical market.
· Educates Siemens/BP Product Territory Managers and Value-Added Partners on government customers, market potential, contract vehicles, opportunities and contracting partners.
· Maintains personal contact with major government customers, general contractors, engineering and architectural firms where position status would be principal factor in a relationship.
· Provides government business sales leads / opportunities to Value Added Partners.
· Provides required coaching, leadership and support to Siemens/BP Product sales team and Value-Added Partners required to successfully complete project sales process.
· Maintain and grow a government “opportunity and bid log” funnel of projects.
· Expand trade contacts and actively participate in industry relations, trade shows, professional organizations, meetings and/or seminars to enhance customer relationships and maintain up to date knowledge.
· Identify and recruit government Value Added Partners for sales and service of Siemens’ fire alarm products.
· Identify current Value-Added Partners that market themselves to the federal business as well as those capable of becoming small businesses. Guide, mentor and coach them to increase Siemens’ market share.
· Facilitate teaming with other Small (and Large) Businesses both internal/external to the VAP network.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Marketing, Engineering or other related field, or have knowledge and experience background to function in this position.
· 5+ years sales experience with minimum 5 years of government contracting experience.
· Demonstrated leadership and team building skills required.
· Ability to plan, navigate and negotiate a complex sales process within the government market.
· Demonstrated experience with Dept. Of Defense and other Federal agencies is required.
· Fire industry experience is recommended but not required.
· Strong oral and written communication skills essential.
· Requires 50-60% travel.