Business Unit: Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 242313
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Senior Financial Analyst 4
The Senior Financial Analyst role in Siemens Healthcare Point of Care will initiate, execute and evaluate effectiveness of planning, analysis and reporting activities within the business area. Through best in class, data-driven analytics, this role will partner and/or lead cross-functional teams for strategic and tactical decision making; lead role in generating financial insights in the monthly/quarter global results, with focus on R&D spend and resource allocations. This role will have responsibility for coordinating the BU’s monthly, quarterly and annual financial cadence (forecasting, actual reporting and analysis, budgeting, strategic planning) for the POC R&D function and will provide key presentations on financial status at various management team meetings.
· Guide the analysis of financial results to determine accuracy and completeness of information.
· Develop various financial reports and reviews with management on financial plans and budgets.
Specific tasks include determine and discuss financial analysis at very complex levels including rate of return, depreciation, working capital, investments, budgeting, and financial and expense performance comparisons.
· Guide and maintain conformance to IFRS requirements.
· Drive and optimize monthly forecast process and make recommendations to management about specific actions needed to deliver on targets using data-driven decision making process, align organization and collaborate with stakeholders on a monthly basis to implement targeted performance improvement. Specific analytics include monthly forecast and actual variances, gather and evaluate key project activities and status impacting forecasts to senior management team.
· Act as a world-wide Controller / Financial partner for POC R&D to establish and drive attainment of R&D, cash flow and productivity targets. Areas of management include drive R&D annual budget process and 5 year strategic plan. Report global R&D results to internal finance team and external cross-functional groups within Siemens.
· Understand and apply the concept of intangible capitalization of development projects and its impact on the P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash flow Statement.
· Conduct Quarterly ASTAR reporting and compliance certification.
· Conduct Quarterly R&D tax surveys and compliance.
· Have SAP experience, including SAP BW (Data Warehouse reporting).
· Display advanced knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Planning, and Essbase
· Have a good understanding of Healthcare Industry dynamics, with a special focus on Healthcare diagnostics
· Be well versed with Healthcare R&D developmental methodology and requirements
· Display ability to optimize and standardize process workflows.
· Have a track record of driving business improvements based on prior experience.
· Have worked with cross functional disciplines and coordination of business operations, finance, accounting, audit and external personnel across various levels
· Display excellent communication skills, intercultural sensitivity and ability to establish virtual networks across cultures and locations.
· Maintain functional independence and provide a controlling function with proactive communication and analysis to the BU
· Approximately % travel required.
Capabilities Required for the Position:
· Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business; MBA or equivalent.
· Experience: years of progressive analytical experience
· Very good Business knowledge and knowledge of the organizational structure, the reporting structure & process and the budget and forecast process.
· Ability to distill business processes and results into actionable information for senior leadership; very strong presentation skills.
· Strong systems skill in SAP, Hyperion, expert Excel and PowerPoint capabilities.
· Ability to analyze as well as an organizing and quality orientation is a main requirement for the controlling area. Arranging and balancing activities to comply with various tasks and due dates is also key requirement
· Knowledge and experience in project management. Strong attention to detail and strong analytical ability required
· Very good communication and networking skills, result and quality orientation as well as a pro-active attitude.
· Excellent team player; ability to manage horizontal teams and lead cross-functional efforts
Position reports directly to Senior Director, PLM Controlling and is based in Norwood, MA USA
About DX Point of Care:
Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics provides point-of-care products and services that enable healthcare providers to render better patient management and ensure optimized clinical outcomes. From blood gas and urinalysis systems, to diabetes and cardiac analyzers to POC informatics: Siemens strives to be your most trusted source for POC Diagnostics.
Job Family Responsibilities:
Performs leading-edge areas of work for the professional field. Preempts potential problems and provides effective solutions in reaction to application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, or processes. Displays original thinking in applying principles, theories, and concepts on a wide range of problems.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates extensive knowledge in field of specialization or multiple disciplines to the successful completion of complex assignments. Successfully serves as point of authority and/or source of technical/scientific knowledge for area of expertise. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
Direction of Others:
This role is an individual contributor role.
Key Working Relationships:
Cross-functional, inter-organizational and contact with Siemens functional groups at the Healthcare level. Acts as advisor and change agent to top management and business partners on advanced business matters.