Business Unit: Project & Structured Finance Debt - Americas
Requisition Number: 242372
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Whether in power / renewables, transportation or healthcare, energy and infrastructure projects often require substantial amounts of money. Siemens Financial Services Equity Finance (SFS EQ) offers a broad variety of financing solutions to make these projects happen, both for the customer and the involved Siemens Operating and Strategic companies. SFS Equity takes an active owner role by providing up to 50% of the required equity of a project over the life-time (development, construction, operation). The asset volume will be about 1bn EUR and is expected to further grow in the mid-term. Business extends from traditional equity solutions in energy and infrastructure to preferred / mezzanine structures which require complex documentation
Your role challenging and rewarding
Are you a high performing professional with an interest in Private Equity Finance? We have an extraordinary Business Controller / Business Administration (BA) opportunity for the growing Equity Americas portfolio of the global Equity Business Unit, in close partnership with the Americas Equity team as well as with strong integration into the global business controlling team in German headquarters.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the Equity business controlling, such as planning, reporting, analyzing and monitoring of the financial performance. You will also collaborate closely with the accounting teams to develop and ensure accurate and timely booking entries for the Equity portfolio. In addition, you will act as digital pioneer, identifying and leveraging opportunities for efficiencies and digitalization in business controlling as well as implementing digitalization initiatives driven by German headquarters.
You will also support in certain areas of business administration, such as internal controls & processes, financial risk management, pricing and funding, taxes, and compliance, thereby interacting with the Equity Risk Management team, Controls Management team and interfaces in German headquarters, among others.
- Analyze, monitor the operating expenses (SG&A) for the respective business unit and review with respective Heads.
- Develop and monitor financial / operational metrics to measure the business’ profitability and efficiency. Pro-actively communicate to management identified problem areas as well as present recommended solutions. Identify potential upsides and downsides to the planned performance.
- Assist in the preparation of the materials needed for Board of Directors and Management meetings and develop other ad hoc reports, as requested.
- Support the Head of Finance regarding other business administration topics as needed in the area of processes and controls, funding and re-financing of investments, taxes, retention and payment of advisors according to regulations, etc
Your skills solid and appropriate
- You have at least 5 years of experience in business controlling and/or business administration in financial services, ideally in private equity investments for energy and/or infrastructure projects or project finance business.
- Good working knowledge in accounting, both US GAAP and IFRS, relative to Equity investments with good understanding of mechanics in balance sheet, P&L and cash flow statement.
- Proven digitalization experience and skills, such as automation with R, data analytics with Tableau, or similar.
- You are highly motivated and have a self-starter personality that enjoys working independently and under high pressure.
- Simultaneously, you are able to work in international teams and communicate efficiently internally and externally. Looking for experience of working for German or European companies.
- You have a strong focus on business results combined with strong analytical skills as well as structured and systematic way of working.
- You are able to work in fast-paced and diverse teams with the ability to deal with multiple deals and tasks simultaneously.
- B.S. / B.A. in Accounting or Finance; CPA and/or MBA preferable, but not required.
- Other skills and abilities: experience or knowledge of MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook). SAP General Ledger & Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) knowledge is a plus.
Siemens AG (Berlin and Munich) is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 170 years. The company is active around the globe, focusing on the areas of power generation and distribution, intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems, and automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Through the separately managed company Siemens Mobility, a leading supplier of smart mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is shaping the world market for passenger and freight services. Due to its majority stakes in the publicly listed companies Siemens Healthineers AG and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Siemens is also a world-leading supplier of medical technology and digital healthcare services as well as environmentally friendly solutions for onshore and offshore wind power generation. In fiscal 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, Siemens generated revenue of €83.0 billion and net income of €6.1 billion. At the end of September 2018, the company had around 379,000 employees worldwide. Further information is available on the Internet at www.siemens.com.