Business Unit: Project & Structured Finance Debt - Americas
Requisition Number: 242376
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Other Locations: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
The Analyst position offers individuals with up to 3 years of debt capital markets / investment banking experience the opportunity to work in the project finance area of the energy sector. You will work with SFS personnel to source and diligence investment opportunities as well as interface with financial sponsors and developers on the debt financing of projects of varying technologies, including thermal, solar, wind, battery, and hydro based power generation projects in North America. As an Analyst you will:
- Be directly involved in transaction analysis, structuring, and the risk approval process for energy sector investment opportunities
- Review, understand, and summarize loan and project documents
- Maintain knowledge of market conditions and competitors’ activities to develop sales plans that achieve or exceed goals
- Prepare, analyze, and sensitize financial models
- Identify relevant transaction risks and suggest appropriate structural mitigants, while working with internal and external personnel
- Research financial Sponsors, energy markets, industries, and off-takers
- Develop credit, negotiation, and comparative risk analysis skills
- Interface with senior management, financial Sponsors and assist on special projects
- Strong analytical skills and a general understanding / knowledge of investment banking / debt capital markets.
- Basic understanding of the energy sector
- Attend Bank Meetings for prospective transactions and participate in deal negotiation, structuring, due diligence review, and investment submittal process.
- Strong Excel-based cash flow modeling skills, including the ability to appropriately sensitize models;
- Ability to do extensive and thorough research on an evolving industry and its players;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Interface effectively with the Deal Execution Team, which includes risk, legal and business development personnel;
- Prepare and participate in Investment Committee presentations;
- Proficiency with various computer hardware and software applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Advanced level of knowledge with Microsoft Office
- Strong writing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail-oriented and possess solid organizational skills
- Ability to interact well with others in a team environment
- Ability to operate in a high volume, time pressured environment while maintaining a positive focus
- High degree of willingness to learn, flexibility, energy, and initiative.
Siemens AG (Berlin and Munich) is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 170 years. The company is active around the globe, focusing on the areas of power generation and distribution, intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems, and automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Through the separately managed company Siemens Mobility, a leading supplier of smart mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is shaping the world market for passenger and freight services. Due to its majority stakes in the publicly listed companies Siemens Healthineers AG and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Siemens is also a world-leading supplier of medical technology and digital healthcare services as well as environmentally friendly solutions for onshore and offshore wind power generation. In fiscal 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, Siemens generated revenue of €83.0 billion and net income of €6.1 billion. At the end of September 2018, the company had around 379,000 employees worldwide. Further information is available on the Internet at www.siemens.com.