Business Unit: Digital Industries
Requisition Number: 242425
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Mentor
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s unique portfolio supports customers to achieve greater productivity and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate cutting-edge future technologies. Siemens Digital Industries has its global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and has around 75,000 employees internationally.
"SEEKING AN INDUSTRIAL TECHNICIAN FOR THE SWSS MENTOR FACILITY
A fortune 500 company that is known for its work in electronics, automation, and digitization is looking for a technician to help take our Mentor Ohio Facility to the next level. If you are interested in working for a global technology powerhouse in a local, clean, and air conditioned machine shop this position is for you.
- Disassemble, assemble, and clean electric motors and machine tool spindles
- Perform initial inspections on incoming electric motors and spindle units
- Test Run and commissioning of electric motors and spindle units utilizing:
- Siemens 611 and S120 drives
- Oscilloscope to set up encoder systems
- Electrical set up of analog and proximity sensors
- Vibration measuring equipment to balance repaired product
- Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching.
- May require lifting up to 75 pounds.
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience with electric motors
- Ability to read mechanical drawings
- Basic Hands on electrical and mechanical skills
- General computer knowledge
- Ability to work independently or as a team player
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Excellent time management skills, the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Self-motivated to work productively, efficiently and prioritize duties
- Available to work 1st shift every weekday and overtime as needed