Business Unit: Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 242472
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
As a Digital Pulsation Engineer, you will be responsible for conducting pulsation studies of reciprocating compressors and the associated piping systems in accordance with industry standard API-618.
- Utilize ANSYS mechanical software and acoustic simulation software to model the reciprocating equipment and surrounding system.
- Designs pulsation dampeners to control dynamic gas pulsation.
- Performs modal analysis of compressor, dampener and process piping to control mechanical vibration.
- Authors pulsation studies for release to external clients.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Up to 2 years of work experience in engineering field.
- Technical proficiency in vibration, dynamics, fluid dynamics, and thermodynamics.
- Knowledge of CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) or FEA (Finite Element Analysis)
- Travel up to 5% (Domestic and International)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- MS in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with ANSYS Software.
- Experience with industry standard API-618.