Business Unit: Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 242484
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Area Sales Manager (Rotating Equipment)
As an Area Sales Manager you will facilitate all client activity during the various business and project development phases of an opportunity through order entry. Identifies value drivers at each stage of acquisition cycle, client project evaluators, influencers and decision-makers in customer organization
In addition, you will develop long term and deep relationship with new and existing customers within assigned geography Acts as the client, project or market champion within Siemens
Executes Siemens Oil & Gas Strategies by working closely with other business units active in the region.
- Provide leadership and focus for achieving sales growth within the region with assigned and new accounts in line with governance framework.
- Proactively develop sales opportunities and regional marketing and sales plans.
- Initiates the order pursuit process and strategy development supporting defined quality gates and processes.
- Create, maintain required information in Salesforce/Tableau tool in a punctual and accurate manner
- Supports market work stream leads in preparation of opportunity proposals, sales strategies and value propositions
- Ensures technical and commercial proposal meet client datelines and other requirements.
- Prepares a quantified value proposition and presents it to the key stakeholders internally and externally
- Monitors and communicates market activity and trends and order entry forecasts for multiple fiscal periods.
- Establishes and maintains preferred provider relationship with the key decision-makers and influencers within client organizations.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent years of work experience.
- 8 years’ experience in equipment or service sales organization with a significant focus on upstream offshore exploration and production markets.
- Strong ability to build and maintain business relationships
- Understanding of turbomachinery,
- Existing network of relevant contacts and relationships within region required
- Must be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
- Ability to follow and successfully apply all internal processes and policies.
- Drive for results with a proven track record of goal attainment and demonstrated ability to work with limited daily supervision
- Strong communication and presentations skills, both written and oral at all levels
- Must possess capability or experience to be successful in a matrix-based organization building productive relationships with peers, superiors and others where formal reporting relationships do not exist.
- Ability to travel up to 20% or as needed (Domestic/International)
- Experience with reciprocating compressors
- Knowledge of prime movers and compression equipment a plus
- Knowledge of compressor applications, construction, and performance.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.