Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 242509
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Cromwell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for a Field Service Specialist I in Southwest Connecticut. This position will be responsible for performing Field Service Agreement assignments to ensure proper operation and maintenance of installed Building Automation Systems with a focus on building comfort and energy management.
• Performs Preventative Maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components for Service Agreement contracts assigned.
• Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
• Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time & material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion.
• Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation instructions.
• Handles service calls as directed during the day and after-hours emergency calls through assignment of on-call rotation responsibilities. Service calls involve checks of indicated points of trouble, analyzes full
requirements of system involved and checks and tests systems components. They diagnose trouble or defect and determine corrective action and repairs system.
• Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
• Military background, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
• Previous HVAC Technician service experience is a bonus but not required
• Knowledge of Building Automation Systems HVAC Controls preferred but not required
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.