Business Unit: Onshore
Requisition Number: 242522
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Fort Madison
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
As a Lean Specialist for our Fort Madison, IA blade facility, you will guide the plant in developing, executing, and sustaining plant Lean/SPS strategy across the product value chain including suppliers, procurement, logistics, production, and supporting organizations. This position will report to the Plant Lean Manager. The successful candidate will also interface closely with the regional Americas Lean organization to obtain specialized SPS support as required.
• Develop and implement lean projects across the local plant organization.
• Work with the regional and segment lean teams, as well as management, to ensure implementation buy-in of the plant lean strategy.
• Develop a sense of urgency in the organization for all improvement activities.
• Build and maintain visual controls and metrics aimed at delivering performance data for decision making to management at all levels through-out the plant.
• Work with support functions in implementing lean, metrics, and dashboards for all processes.
• Coordinate and engage organizations outside of SCM (ie. Quality, safety, SPS, etc) in leveraging knowledge and lessons learned from across Siemens.
• Always drive safety first and quality into the process.
• Achieve specific financial targets related to productivity resulting from lean activities.
• 5+ years as a change agent utilizing various methodologies within a manufacturing environment.
• Highly developed knowledge within a manufacturing environment
• Experience managing cross functional project teams in a global matrix organization including advanced understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and project team performance
• Manage teams and projects across cultural barriers, both internal (cross organizational) and external (suppliers and customers)