Business Unit: Mobility
Requisition Number: 242535
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Miami
Other Locations: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) provides all the necessary elements for complex, efficient traffic management. Growing volume of traffic, booming urbanization, increasing environmental pollution: These are the challenges cities and municipalities face that call for innovative solutions. As an integrated solution provider, Siemens ITS delivers (hardware/software-based) solutions that help cities think mobility further through adaptable and modular traffic management. The next mobility revolution starts today and our Connected Vehicle solution allows us to hit the ground running. Our V2X technologies will help reduce congestion during peak travel times, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and increase safety.
We are currently seeking a Project Procurement Manager to integrate procurement in the project management process and project teams at an early stage. In this dynamic and critical role, you will organize, control and monitor all procurement activities in a project and introduce procurement strategies targeting maximum contribution to the operating result. This position will be based at our Miami, Florida office and report jointly to Head of Procurement for ITS and Commercial BA Head.
The primary assignment for this role is our Miami Dade ITS Project which will incorporate our latest Siemens Traffic Controllers, Advanced Traffic Management Systems (ATMS), a new Traffic Management Control Center, as well as Software technology which improves the overall traffic flow within the city.
• Sales Phase: Review and monitor the sales pipeline in order to ensure the involvement of procurement. Meet with cross-functional partners in project/sales meetings to provide procurement market and preferred supplier information at an early stage to optimize supplier selection, internal workflows and processes.
• Project Procurement: Establish proper sourcing processes, control of all procurement resources and activities in the project or area of responsibility and inform all involved within the procurement organization to deliver optimum impact for the business and procurement targets. Meet requirements relating to budget, availability, and quality. Apply procurement regulations as per compliance and organization standards.
• Analyze project scope of supply, contractual obligations and end customer's functional needs. Identify particular procurement risks, opportunities, potential changes, claims and market forces during the entire project, together with Commodity Management, to avoid potential damage and to exploit savings potential.
• Bid Preparation / Contribution to Increase hit Rate: Working closely with colleagues in engineering and sales, support project calculation with reliable and up-to-data cost data. Include supplier innovations and preferred supplier/ product portfolios that improve Siemens' cost position and/or the customer's benefit.
• Strategy Definition and Implementation: Derive procurement strategies for assigned projects in accordance with division and BU-wide procurement strategies. Ensure implementation (in particular pooling or utilization of Frame Agreement), as well as identify improvement opportunities to ensure alignment with strategic procurement targets and overall business strategies.
• Negotiation: Lead contractual and price negotiations and/or support the specialist buyers responsible for particular material fields (in particular those not covered by Commodity Management) to secure project targets. Create RFQ packages, SoW documents, working closely with engineering colleagues. Conduct eSourcing activities.
• Contract Management: Ensure that mitigation of procurement risks, changes to original scope of supply and potential claims (towards customers and suppliers) are covered in valid contracts with suppliers. Ensure that required customer contractual obligations are fulfilled by supplier and covered in a way that mitigates Siemens' risk exposure.
• Project Controlling / Reporting: Clarify internal indicators for project controlling and compile all relevant information to submit qualified reports. Proactively ensure resource availability, status, transparency and alert teams to any deviations.
• Supplier Management / Preferred Supplier List: Establish/apply preferred supplier list, provide supplier information to the project team, conduct supplier qualifications and project-specific supplier evaluations and supplier development activities. Follow-up with suppliers in regards to NCC costs.
• Be proactive and share relevant procurement information (e.g. updated contractual conditions, supplier management data) to relevant stakeholders, ensuring all project participants and relevant cross-functional partners are up to date. Work closely with cross-functional partners for procurement related processes and metrics.
• Identifying and develop new DBE (Disadvantaged Business Enterprise) vendors to support project requirements.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• 4-year degree in business, economics or engineering
• 2 to 5 years of experience in project management, procurement or relevant disciplines.
• Strong analytical and interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate with both internal and external stakeholders
• Microsoft Suite and SAP computer skills required.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.