Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 242551
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
As the Sr. Project Design Engineer, you will perform Gimpel valves selection and design to meet customers specifications. In addition, you will support the external and internal customers with technical expertise.
- Exercise engineering principles on solving technical problems. Perform calculations and technical analysis to support design decisions as required.
- Actively participate on all technical product reviews and improvement in collaboration with organization.
- Drive special assigned projects including but not limited to R&D, Sustaining Engineering, Products Improvements, Training, etc.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to develop operational procedures. Close collaboration with the shop floor.
- Close collaboration with the tech support team to strengthen the Gimpel valve expertise with field practical perspective.
- Adhere to Gimpel Siemens quality standards and apply them to daily tasks.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering
- 8 years of hands-on design experience in mechanical, hydraulics and materials selection.
- 5 years of experience with ASME, API, ASTM and related industry standards to valves design and manufacturing.
- Strong knowledge in product design using 3D Software with GD&T
- Proficient using precision measurement equipment.
- Familiar with PDM, PLM environment.
- Experience with SAP, Oracle or other ERP systems.
- Familiar with CRN, PED qualification process
- Willingness and ability to occasionally work overtime, irregular hours, and travel on short notice.
- Strong mathematical and mechanical and analytical skills.
- Presentation and communication skills on a variety of levels, customer relations, and self-motivation
- Exposure to rotating equipment controls, instrumentation and reliability
- Intermediate Microsoft office capabilities (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook).
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Mathcad experience is a plus.
- Practical experience in Valves design. Mechanical and Electro Hydraulic actuation.
- Self-starter and project leadership are a plus.
- Experience on electrical control panels operations and applications
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.