Business Unit: United States
Requisition Number: 242554
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Billerica
Assignment Category: Part-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
Transportation Electrician Apprentice
The Transportation Electrician Apprentice will be working under the supervision of a Journeyman Transportation Electrician and is responsible for the maintenance, repair, installation, and ongoing operation of traffic signals, streetlights, and ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) equipment. Qualified applicants will be required to be enrolled in a State approved IBEW Electrician apprenticeship program. It is preferred that the Apprentice have some training in working with a wide range of traffic signal and ITS equipment. Works independently (under the supervision of a Transportation Electrician) and as part of a team to provide optimum levels of service to Siemens’ agency customers.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Must be enrolled in a State approved IBEW Apprenticeship program.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency is required.
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to move supplies and equipment of up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able and willing to work at heights typically associated with repair, installation, and maintenance of traffic signals and streetlights.
- Must be able to pass a DOT (Department of Transportation) physical exam and drug test.
- Will be required to get bucket truck operator certification.