Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 242608
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
- Coordinates with contractors in the process of installation of systems sold by a branch office. Monitors and controls installation progress based on project schedules and milestones to deliverable timelines.
- Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, or requiring further action or material.
- Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary. Can address code compliance issues in field as needed.
- Responds to and carries out to completion any troubleshooting to assigned customer systems during the installation phase of the system. Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order. Uses company provides tools for process efficiency.
- Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner. Makes recommendations regarding systems during installations.
- Fill out and complete NFPA system commissioning forms including Asbuilts. Backup all system programs into a secure network resource.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency.
- Other requirements:
- NICET II (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology) Certification Requirements to retain position: Level II Fire Alarm Certification within 24 months of hire;
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing, and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States, and will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.