Organization: Legal and Compliance
Business Unit: Legal and Compliance
Requisition Number: 242632
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Doctorate Degree
Travel Required: 10%
The Senior Specialist M&A (Mergers and Acquisitions) Attorney advises our business partners in relation to equity investments in (project financed) special purpose companies (“Project Companies”) which are typically established to realize large infrastructure projects.
This career opportunity has a worldwide role, with a strong focus on the Americas, and will also advise on other M&A activities of the Siemens Group.
What are my responsibilities?
• Acquisitions and Divestments of Project Companies.
• Establishing Project Companies as joint ventures with external partners.
• Participation in tender proceedings (PPP-, BOT-models).
• Structuring of infrastructure projects – ensuring “bankability”.
• Arranging and conducting due diligence analyses.
• Competent and responsible drafting and negotiating of project and transaction documentation, in particular share purchase agreements, shareholders’ agreements, articles of association, by-laws and other ancillary agreements, but also finance agreements, project development agreements, EPC-contracts, O&M-contracts as well as concession agreements in connection with PPP, and BOT-models.
• Advising on corporate governance in connection with Project Companies.
• Selecting, mandating and supervising external legal counsels worldwide.
• Acting as trusted business advisor to the management.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Substantial corporate / M&A experience (including experience with establishing and governing JVs).
• Substantial experience in handling large project finance transactions as the lead lawyer.
• Substantial experience in the energy and infrastructure space.
• Specific knowledge in corporate law and finance law.
• Minimum of between five to ten years professional experience in an international environment at a major law firm or in the legal department of a large industrial company.
• Excellent academic record (J.D. or LL.M. (with foreign J.D. equivalent))
• Strong communication and decision-making skills.
• Fluent English; Spanish and Portuguese would be helpful.
Siemens AG (Berlin and Munich) is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 170 years. The company is active around the globe, focusing on the areas of power generation and distribution, intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems, and automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Through the separately managed company Siemens Mobility, a leading supplier of smart mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is shaping the world market for passenger and freight services. Due to its majority stakes in the publicly listed companies Siemens Healthineers AG and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Siemens is also a world-leading supplier of medical technology and digital healthcare services as well as environmentally friendly solutions for onshore and offshore wind power generation. In fiscal 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, Siemens generated revenue of €83.0 billion and net income of €6.1 billion. At the end of September 2018, the company had around 379,000 employees worldwide. Further information is available on the Internet at www.siemens.com