Business Unit: Service
Requisition Number: 242634
Primary Location: United States-California-Ocotillo
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 80%
Join one of the world’s leading suppliers of wind power solutions as a Materials Management Specialist for Wind Power Services!
- Manage Material Movement in Region
- Application of Lean Principles for Warehouse Operations
- Pick/Pack and ship of Site To Site and Reverse Logistics materials
- Manage part/tooling/material storage and movements in warehouse facilities
- Load and unload commercial vehicles. Operate forklift or other material handling equipment to physically move material in and out of the local warehouse. Complete daily forklift inspections. Visually inspect materials/tools for shipping damage, wear, missing parts or other unsatisfactory conditions.
- Transport parts/tooling/material onsite to turbines to support personnel in turbines
- Work closely with Inventory Control Supervisor in SAP, as required, to receive material against open purchase orders and ship parts against open outbound delivery notes.
- Balance variances from system values by analysis of SAP transactions and physical inspection
Goods issue of spare parts to Wind Turbines
- Receive and inspect all incoming shipments for accuracy against packing list, ensuring all material is properly labeled, in good condition and put away in correct location within 1 business day, reporting any exceptions to the District Service Manager, Warehouse Manager, Procurement Supervisor and Inventory Control Supervisor within 24 hours, including the Site Manager as needed.
- Perform routine cycle counts and annual 100% inventories, reporting any discrepancies to Site Manager and Inventory Control Supervisor. Work with Inventory Control Supervisor to reconcile discrepancies.
- Maintain a current location file for inventory on site.
- Identify and place orders for wind farm requirements as needed, ie parts, tools, supplies, and provide input for material re-order point changes.
- Work with Regional Planner to order non-inventory items.
- Issue parts to Technicians as needed, limiting access to inventory by non-authorized parties to the greatest extent possible.
- Ensure parts are signed out by Siemens Gamesa or Subcontracted Technicians and reconciled against work orders on a daily basis.
- Work with the Planning and Logistics Departments to coordinate the delivery of tools and materials to execute Design
- Modifications and Preventative Maintenances.
- Quarantine any parts that appear to be damaged for disposition by Siemens Gamesa Quality locally or in Fairless Hills.
- Materials Management Specialist is responsible for making arrangements to have parts returned. (Work should be done in accordance with Siemens Gamesa Quality Procedures / Practices)
- Quarantine used parts to be returned to the Fairless Hills Repair Area (Repair Circuit). Parts are handled as if new, properly packaged, tagged with work order or any other required documentation by procedures and returned no less than bi-weekly.
- Ensure material integrity/quality is maintained with proper storage; if containers are used, doors must be shut and locked when not in use; material must not be stored outside. Care must be taken to follow Siemens Gamesa best practices such as hydraulic lines/hoses should have caps or be taped to prevent contamination; expired or opened/contaminated greases should be disposed of locally working with Siemens Gamesa's Environmental Engineer-Field Operations etc.
- Any non-conforming materials need to be quarantined and are subject to further quality inspections.
- Work with Call Center and Inventory Control Supervisor to resolve local inventory discrepancies causing work order material issues.
- Work directly with Call Center when part discrepancies are noted on work orders.
- Implement and follow SOPs, including quality systems.
- Ensure site compliance of Quality OPLs that are released by inspecting identified materials. Report issues to Quality and Inventory Control for inventory adjustments, returns, or scrapping of materials as necessary.
- Log, ship and track oil sample during preventative maintenance cycles.
- Keep SDS Book updated for chemical on site. Work with Environmental to coordinate the removal of expired or used hazardous materials.
- Maintain a clean and safe warehouse work environment. Escalate any safety or housekeeping issues to local Site Manager.
- Comply with all Environmental, Health and Safety Requirements of the Company.
- Supporting SM with Daily operation reports as needed, updating turbine down report weekly; issuing and following to completions: Purchase Requisitions, PO’s,
- Ensure invoices are approved and paid within the due date
- Creating and following up SF cases, MORs.
- High School Graduate/GED / Equivalent Work Experience
- Vocational / Technical School / Diploma Program
- Excellent working knowledge of SAP RBP Material Management functions.
- Working Participation in accuracy of Siemens Gamesa Equipment Bill of Materials (BoM) in conjunction with Service I Base.
- Excellent knowledge of Object Manager and error resolution.
- Excellent knowledge of SVO Post and error resolution
- Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Power Point (intermediate)
- Analytical thinking ability
- Proficient in English and Spanish
- Amount of travel 80%
- Must pass a physical administered by a medical examiner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license and must have clean driving record and pass pre-hire drug screening
- Excellent knowledge of DEVO including resolution of financial discrepancies.
- Processing Return Notifications for Warranty Credit.
- Purchase Requisition Creation for all spare parts and tooling.
- Monitoring and resolving Open Stock Transport Ordersand Purchase Orders.
- Manage Customer Owned Spares (CoS) from point of commissioning to end of contract.
- Excellent knowledge of US Time View Application.
- Certified to operate Fork Lift truck equipment as needed
- Experience training site personnel with SAP and Siemens Gamesa Systems.
- Development and implementation of Materials Management KPI for Sites and Region.
- Above Average analytical and deductive reasoning capabilities.
- Candidate must be capable of operating in a warehouse environment without local supervision, while still collaborating with local staff
- Capable of lifting 35 pounds and working in remote facilities that are subject to extreme climates.
- Intermediate to Expert use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Work experience 4+ years
- Microsoft Project (intermediate)
- Tableau (intermediate)
- Operate forklift (or ability to be certified to operate a forklift) or other material handling equipment to physically move material in and out of the local warehouse
- Operates standard office equipment